Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy Spring


I finally put the first seeds in the ground for this season’s garden. Now begins the weather-watching! I have a few more things to do in preparation. The pole beans will need some poles and the shell peas will need a trellis. The tomatoes will need staking. And I’m going to piece together a perch for the cucumbers this year. Oh yeh, we are already getting lettuce from the winter cold-frame (a first for us!). Anyway, it feels good to be back in the garden.


On another note, as I yawned at the bedroom window this morning, my foggy eyes caught sight of the illusive pileated woodpecker rooting around on the old rotting log at the edge of the property. I quickly found my glasses in time to clearly see a spring bunny hop up onto the log. For one brief moment, in the early sunlight, peter and woody came face to face. I swiftly shelved the urge to write a children’s book, and resumed my morning activities. Happy Spring!

No comments: