Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Garden Update 6




It's been about a month since the last Garden Update. Here's the partial summary. The vineheld veggies have come on strong. The corn was a disappointment...underformed ears on dwarfed stalks... I'll have to figure that one out. The beats were few but tasty in a marinade of garlic honey vinegar. Small potatoes have been dug and braised. Dill heads have burst open around the garden like low, sundappled fireworks. Pickle jars are filling up the fridge. 2nd plantings have started. Rains lately have blessed the bounty.

2 comments:

Stratoz said...

stumbled here... I am sure one year everything will be bountiful, but I would worry about the year after that. for me cucumbers were the worse bed I ever had. But I have a bed of green beans that deserves a 9.75 from the olympic judges.

jaysonwithaY said...

stratoz,
My green beans were mediocre this year compared to last year. Same with the squash. I'm a novice...so much more to experience and learn.
Enjoy those beans! Jayson