Search This Blog

Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Peas, the Early Greens


Seeds are in the ground! The season has begun. Now I just have to keep up. Pull the weeds, water the beds, mend the rabbit holes in the fence, stake the tomatoes, hill up the potatoes, thin the lettuce, thin the spinach, thin the…everything that needs thinning…provided that everything actually germinates. Ok, so it’s not in full swing yet, but the growing season takes off quickly here…and if I’m not careful I’ll get behind.
Actually I only planted a few today: the peas, the early greens, and the cool weather Brassica’s. We’ll get at least one more frost so I’ve got to remember that haste makes waste.

It’s supposed to be mid 60’s and sunny this week…and it will be hard keeping these fingernails clean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see some dirt, but I don't see the peas.